Lightning Rod Games is a diverse team of experienced game developers with varied backgrounds at companies like EA, Disney, Ubisoft, and UserJoy. Most recently, we created A Fold Apart — a one-of-a-kind puzzle game about a long distance relationship in a world of folding paper. Innovation is at the heart of everything we do and our future titles will continue to break new ground.
Our upcoming title, Cybersonic Strike, is a fast-paced, top-down shooter roguelite set in a worldwide cybersystem under siege by hordes of AI invaders. It features a diverse cast of characters, and allows players to customize their pronouns, gendered terms, and skin colour.
Cybersonic Strike will be live developed through Steam Early Access. This means we will be engaging with players through the Steam platform as well as developing our own space to foster interaction and dialogue throughout development.
The Social Media & Community Engagement Specialist needs a keen understanding of social media platforms, a talent for creating fun and engaging content, and the analytical experience to measure its effectiveness. We are building a community from the ground up and need to both attract players and keep them engaged.
- Develop and execute creative social media strategies to reach audiences across various platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit.
- Reach out to media and content creators to solicit coverage
- Measure how well we are able to convert those audiences to sales, Steam Wishlists, newsletter signups, and members of our Discord community
- Build a public Discord server where we can live develop Cybersonic Strike while it is in Steam Early Access
- Proactively engage with the communities on Discord and Steam, fostering spaces for interaction and dialogue
- Run livestreams during Steam events (and possibly on Twitch)
- Write a newsletter to keep everyone updated
A successful candidate will need:
- Video editing, sound editing, and graphic design experience
- A background in marketing (either education or work experience)
- Enthusiasm for experimentation (not everything works the first time, so it’s important to learn lessons, try new things, and embrace the creative process.)
- Comfortable being in front of a camera
Experience with Unity (or equivalent game development environment) is preferred so that you are able to self-sufficiently capture what you need using our dev tools.
This is a paid full-time position with a competitive salary. We keep flexible hours (core hours are 10:00am to 4:00pm ET) and are an experienced remote studio (we have been operating as a fully remote studio since 2013). This has proven to be ideal for people with families and young children. Every Friday at 4:00pm is game night where we play games to chat and relax (don’t worry, we don’t care if you’re good at the games, just as long as you have fun). The best part of working at Lightning Rod is the team: people are friendly, humble, and eager to share and learn from each other.
People of all gender identities, races, religions, and ethnicities are encouraged to apply.
Strong preference will be given to those residing in Ontario. You must be a Canadian resident to apply.
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you! We’ll be collecting resumes until August 10th and conducting interviews starting August 16th. Please submit a portfolio, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why Lightning Rod Games is a good fit for your experience, background, and goals. Including cute puppy pictures is optional (but highly appreciated).