Lightning Rod Games
Lightning Rod Games Inc. (“Lightning Rod Games”, “we”, “us”, “our” and terms of similar meaning) take your privacy rights very seriously. We are committed to transparently describing our privacy practices, including how we collect, use and disclose data we obtain from your activity on the Application (“Data”) as part of providing the A Fold Apart mobile game on Apple Arcade (“Application”).
All capitalized terms that are not otherwise defined herein obtain their meaning from the Terms.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
- General. The Application does not collect or solicit any personal or personally identifiable information from any of its users. For greater certainty, any personal or personally identifiable information provided to Apple is not given to us, nor do we have access to it. Our primary purpose in collecting Data from you voluntarily is to provide you with safe, smooth, entertaining and customized experiences when using the Application. When played through Apple Arcade, we may collect Data related to your gameplay session in the Application. We may also collect Data that is sent to (i) your iCloud account for storage; and (b) your Apple Game Center account for the purpose of tracking progress towards achievements. This Data may include, without limitation, time stamps of when you accessed, used and left the Application; your game version number, Game ID (which we may generate ourselves), saved game information as well as your device’s Apple UUID.
- Data. Data from gameplay sessions in the Application will be collected and stored on both the local device and in the user’s iCloud account.
- User Feedback. We may collect ratings and review Information from users of the Application.
2. How Do We Use Your Information and Data?
We may also use your Data to provide to you the license for the Application; to provide you with the Application; resolve service disputes; troubleshoot problems; to improve our content and product offerings; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activities; provide you with system or administrative messages; and/or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. These uses improve the Application and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a safe, smooth entertaining and customized experience while using the Application.
3. Our Disclosure of Your Information and Data
- Subsidiaries, Affiliates & Service Providers. We may use the services of subsidiaries, affiliates and third party service providers (collectively, “Third Parties”) in connection with our provision of the Application and/or off-premise data hosting. We may disclose your Data to the Third Parties in the course of our use of their services. We take care to use Third Parties that we believe are reputable and capable of performing the services we require of them, including, without limitation, the handling of confidential information and Data and the compliance with all applicable laws. No data will be shared with Third Parties without acquiring your explicit consent.
- Sale of Business. We may disclose Data to the acquiror or its agents in the course of the sale of our business. If we do this, the disclosure will be subject to confidentiality arrangements customary in such transactions.
- Storing and Processing Your Information and Data. In some cases, Data that we collect may be stored or processed outside of the jurisdiction it is received. When that occurs we continue to protect the Data with appropriate safeguards and data export requirements, but it may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries and governmental authorities in those countries.
4. Data Retention
Any data stored in a user’s iCloud account or on the local device may be deleted in the ‘Settings’ application on the user’s iOS device.
5. Your Information and Data Rights
In accordance with the applicable privacy laws, you shall have the following rights with respect to your Data:
- Right of Access and Portability. You may ask for an overview or copy of your Data to be provided to you; and/or transferred to another organization.
- Right to Erasure and Rectification. You may review your Information and delete it through the ‘Settings’ application on your iOS device or by contacting us, to ensure it is accurate and complete on the Services.
- Right to Object. You may object to us processing your Data.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise any of the above rights.
6. Children’s Privacy
The Application was created and designed for players of all ages, including children. We encourage parents or legal guardians to monitor and review their child’s use of the Application. The Application may be accessed by children under the age of thirteen (13) and Lightning Rod Games is notified when a child under the age of thirteen (13) uses the Application through a flag in their Game Center id. However, the Application does not collect any personal or personally identifiable information relating to children. Lightning Rod Games may collect non-identifiable Data, from the child, and only to the extent necessary for the regular operation of gameplay.
We strive to protect your Data by putting in place a range of technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the Data we receive from you, including without limitation, security technologies. We are continuously utilizing security measures to protect your Data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or Application failure and other factors, may compromise the security of your Data at any time. We reserve the right, without any limitation, to investigate any suspected breaches of the Application’s security or information technology or other systems or networks.
It is our goal to make our privacy practices easy to understand. If you have questions, concerns or if you would like more detailed information, please email our data controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: February 3, 2020